Tuesday 19 January 2016

Work in progress

I'm at that stage in the jumper knitting process where I'm just so close to finishing it that the only thing I want to do is start another jumper. Could anyone tell me why I have this urge? Or is it just part of the jumper process?

Anyway the nearly finished jumper mentioned is my Owls which I started just after new year.


And when I say nearly finished I mean last few steps until finished. I have tried it on to ensure it fits ok, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the attempted colour blend (mentioned a couple of months ago due to two very slightly different shades of yarn) ends in the body and sleeves parallel to each other... Which I of course intended to do... Ahem.

At the moment this jumper has no armpits as the way they are connected to the body via the shoulder yoke thing requires a Kitchener stitch to complete the join... Which I haven't done. There are also a million and one ends to weave in because of the aforementioned colour blending... Also not done. On top of all of this I want to sew button eyes onto all of the owls, but I know how tedious this is going to be... So it remains undone.


So to sum up, I have finished the fun part and reassured myself the jumper fits, and therefore is a success, and I'm putting off the boring finishing off... What am I doing instead I hear you all ask? Well I have begun my cropped sweater by AndI Satterlund, in a super soft merino wool.


Main body black with purple edges... This is all new and exciting, but I will get back to my owls... I promise!!



No comments:

Post a Comment