Saturday 30 January 2016

Arriving late to the party

I am not a person who likes to be late, anyone who knows me will know this. But I have been very late to the Hollyburn party. This does not please me! You know what does please me though.... This awesome skirt!!


I cannot fault this pattern... I really can't! It's a very popular Sewaholic pattern which can be downloaded in very few sheets of A4. You simply select your size based on your waist and hip measurements and off you go!! The pockets are easy to put together, and are awesome. The whole thing sews up really quickly, and adding a lining is just stupidly easy! And you know what? It's awesomely flattering!

Yes, this is my awesome skirt!

I made it in a very practical black suiting stuff which is slightly ribbed in the style of corduroy. It was easy to sew with if you can overlook the sewing with black in a slightly dim room. I have rectified this with a very bright lamp (used to light the photos which is why I look like I'm within a yard of the very sun itself).


Can't see the stripes... Come closer


Yes, very nice. Because it's winter and tights are very much required I needed to line the skirt of awesomeness... So the lining also needed to be awesome... Cue polka dots!


And legs... This is a simple black and white polka dot lining fabric but it gives the skirt a hidden level of awesome!


In a nutshell.... Buy this pattern... It is awesome!!





No comments:

Post a Comment