In my mind I pictured a sort of thick cardigan that would be a great coverup for slightly chillier days over the summer and maybe even into autumn. It was entirely experimental and I'm really chuffed to say it worked!!
I used a Butterick pattern (6176) which is meant to be made up in a loose flowing fabric. I also shortened it before cutting version b, there wouldn't have been nearly enough fabric, but I also wanted it to hang just at my hip.
The only other adjustment I made was to narrow the body, but this was after I had stitched it up. It was just too bulky under the arms, but I didn't want to loose any of the sleeve length so I just stitched another line up under the arm, this has left a drop sleeve kind of effect which I really like.
You can see the original sleeve seam just down from the shoulder.
Because the fabric frays very easily (it is a loose weave) I finished the edges with some bias binding, but the inside sleeves I zig zag stitched over with both layers of fabric together to make it a bit sturdier (I would normally have ironed them flat and done each side separately).
What I really love about it is the vintage wrap feeling to it, even with just a t shirt and jeans it feels glamorous! And it's lovely and warm too.