Wednesday 1 June 2016

Me-Made May... The final countdown

Well that's it! It's done! The last day of May has been and gone! So without much further ado allow me to give you a very quick roundup of the final week (and two days) of Me-Made May, then I shall share some thoughts on the whole process...
On Sunday it was the turn of my badly dyed Renfrew... Super cosy, super scruffy looking. I have plans to re-dye that soon (properly this time). On Monday it was a much more sucesful Renfrew in a geometric jersey.

On Tuesday I wore my Hollyburn skirt, I love wearing this one and will make another as soon as I can I think. Wednesday I repeated my New Look 6217, so no new photo there (I decided to only Instagram the new ones so I didn't get bored).

On Thursday I had on my only just finished Brickless shawl (which I've already mentioned a million times, it will get its own blog post soon... Promise). On Friday it was a repeat of my grey Renfrew and once again Brickless.

On Saturday and Sunday I was in Ireland, and I had saved my Belcarra blouse for this occasion because I love it so much so I wore that out on Saturday. On Sunday it was a much more relaxed Plantain t-shirt.


And for the final two days I wore lady skater dresses, on Monday (to fly home in) it was an as yet unblogged grey ponte dress, on Tuesday is was my previously worn keyhole patterned dress... And yes you guessed it.... Brickless!!!

And my conclusions about the month.... Phew!!

Yes that about sums it up. It was a bit of a chore to think about what I was going to wear rather than just grabbing the first things that I find in my wardrobe. I have built a capsule style wardrobe for just that reason. But I really enjoyed wearing my own stuff, and was really pleasantly surprised that I only repeated clothes I think three, maybe four times in the month. Which lets face it, I do anyway with store bought stuff if I like it enough.
This was an interesting exercise that has really proven that my makes do fit into my day to day wardrobe... And I think I largely have the WardrobeArchitect series to thank for that (I know I keep harping on about it, but here's profit works!). Plus it's shown me just how much I have made, I think I really discounted my own productivity with my 'three items each week' target... I've got shed loads of stuff!

Will I do it again next year...maybe. But I'm a little glad it's over as I now have more freedom of what to wear each day, be it bought or made.

Anyway if you've been following my daily annoying posts on Instagram many thanks, if it's just been my weekly updates, thanks for popping in for a look.

Onwards to June!!

No comments:

Post a Comment