Thursday 12 May 2016

Me-Made-May week 2

And so we end another week of me-mades... And guess what?! I've worn my own creations everyday... AGAIN! Needless to say I'm feeling rather proud.

I've spent this week really thinking about that section of the Wardrobe Architect series (from Coletterie... Seriously, check it out) which encourages us to think about how we feel in the clothes we wear. But before I get into that... A series of collages please...

Sunday, a hand knitted alpaca shrug (my first successful cardigan), with a bonus me-make of my house shoes that I made at the beginning of last summer.

Monday: a Liberty Lawn Aster blouse (with cigarette trousers). Tuesday my copycat rayon blouse (traced from a rtw top).

Wednesday was my satin crepe New Look 6483... Thursday my grey checked other New Look 6483 (I didn't plan that... Just happened)


Friday my black houndstooth textured Monetta... Aaaand Saturday I had a bit of a change of heart I put on my squirrel print pleated skirt but when I realised how cold it was outside I changed into my clockwork skirt (which is lined so tights could go on too).

So as I was saying about feeling comfortable in the clothes I wear, I made a bit of a discovery this week. My satin crepe blouse (Wednesday) was made to wear as fancy clothes to dress up in, but I never felt very smart in it when I was dressed to go out. I decided to give it a try for office clothes this week and I felt absolutely fantastic in it! This surprised me as I'd almost donated it to charity in my last clean out (that's how much I was unfussed about it), but wearing it to work I felt so smart and just a bit glamorous. So I have rekindled my love for that particular blouse... And this has made me very happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment