Thursday 5 May 2016

Me-Made-May week 1

Well this is quite exciting for me. It's the first year I've felt able to participate in me-made-may, mostly because it's the first year of making stuff to wear that I actually want to wear on a day to day basis. So how easy has it been so far?

Well I'm quite a lazy dresser as far as things go, especially first thing in the morning before starting work. I tend to just reach for the tried and tested trousers and a top. And because I've never made trousers, this week has been all about the tops. I've also been given a bit of a bonus day this week with not being at work on Monday (yay for bank holidays!) I had an extra day where I could wear my casual comfy stuff.... So roundup time...


Day #1 I wore my wearable muslin which has become a favourite summer top, my Aster in linen look cotton which came with navy skinny jeans.... And bonus welly socks which I had actually made for my mum, but borrowed as I was also borrowing her green floral wellies (I know... Awesome).


Day #2 The glorious bank holiday Monday. I stayed in the house all day in my very first Plantain top made with a gorgeous red speckled sweatshirt fabric and some super comfy stretchy jeans.

Day #3 I wore another early sew for me, my first Lady Skater dress, not the best fit but it still gets worn every now and again.


Day #4 (selfie time!) One of my lovely Renfrew t-shirts. Very comfy. Worn with boring work trousers and a cardigan.

Day #5 I cheated a bit here. I wore my Maluka shawl as a scarf all day. It was lovely and warm outside, but the room I was working in was Baltic! So it was really needed.


Day #6 My new Coco top with some work (cigarette style) trousers, very chic I thought... Very stripy my work colleagues thought.

Day #7 A day spent sewing, so I opted for comfy jeans again but with my second Plantain top which is covered in butterflies!

I found this week challenging only in feeling the need to actually plan what I was going to wear and not just resort to the same old thing over and over. But I did wear things I might not normally have, I pushed myself a bit to wear the Coco top as it's very bright for work-me (it's also quite interesting that I have a work-me). 

I am pleased that I managed a me-make every day when I only pledged three days... The cheat day still counts right?!

So let's just see how the rest of the month pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment