Saturday 23 July 2016

Work in progress

My apologies for it being so long. I've been a very busy bee but I can't tell you about any of that yet... It's a secret... shhhhh.
 So I thought I would give you a bit of a work in progress... Which I still have a fair bit of going on. Firstly my campside Cardigan, which it feels like I've been working on for aaages. Well it is coming along slowly but it has, until now, been set aside in favour of other projects.


Look look!! Nearly finished my first sleeve! And by that I mean I got as far as the ribbing last night before I got too sleepy to continue. Because it's a long cardigan I decided to finish the sleeves before finishing the body to make sure I don't run out of wool... It can always be made shorter if need be. But actually I think I will have enough to make it the full looooong length.

I also have my current socks on the go (I say current because I feel very sparse on the handmade sock grounds so I will always have some on the go this year at least (for when I am on the go... Perfect transportable projects)


These are the Petty Harbour pattern by Rayna Curtis (on Ravelry). I'm knitting them up in Grundl Hot Socks Uni yarn in a cheery denim colour... Ok not very adventurous but I like them.

And last but not least... Bailey. I know what you're thinking, and those who follow me on Instagram know what's going on here. I only just finished a Bailey cardigan!! Well...


Disaster struck just over a month ago... My Bailey cardigan, which I loved, came out of the wash shrunk and felted!! RUINED!! I'm not going to lie, I may have gone off for a little cry after taking that photo. Three months of knitting went into that! And it would now only fit a 12 year old... Certainly not me! So I decided to get cracking with another one straight away.


Wow that's a terrible quality photo! Sorry guys. And ok I confess this one is in charcoal grey... In spite of me saying I needed to cut back on the grey stuff (please note in photo grey t shirt!). Well this Bailey is nearly done it just needs its pockets and some ends woven in!! (hence the Thriller pose above... Those are the pockets)


They will go about here... When I get round to sewing them on.

So that's me for now... I will get back to sewing stuff soon, just as soon as I get this big project(secret project) finished.







1 comment:

  1. Happy to find your blog. So many great projects! Xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

    ReplyDelete