Monday 4 April 2016

Work in progress

I have had quite a busy week, much knitting was done through the week in various intervals at work. On the flip side of this, because it was my birthday on Sunday, and I had my mum up visiting, absolutely no knitting was done over the weekend 

I even got a sewing themed card from a fellow crafter at work!!

At the moment I am making good progress on my Bailey cardigan, I've even nearly made it to the armhole divide. It looks very wobbly so far because of the recycled yarn, but I did a quick steam block of the bottom which put it a bit to rights. I'm glad I did that too because the yarn felt softer afterwards, so hopefully a full on block will really soften it up. Those wonderful pockets get added later on, so it's a whole heap of mindless stockinette at the moment, perfect for tv watching.


I have also made a start on my other summer project (I say other like I just had the two... Ha ha... As if!). This is the Campsite cardigan. It's a raglan which is made neck down... a nice contrast to the bottom up Bailey. I'm using Lang Omega yarn it a colour I can only describe as mouse.


It's as soft as a mouse too... So this is my mouse cardigan. The Camping Mouse (hmmm, name needs more work) is going very well, but also very slowly due to the high number of stitches I needed to use to get the size right on the gauge I stubbornly wanted to use. More details on that little treat later. Anyway this is what the Campsite cardigan will look like all finished up...

Photo from the pattern page on Ravelry.

So anyway, here's where I'm at now, hopefully soon I shall be able to show off a completed cardigan.


No comments:

Post a Comment