Tuesday 22 March 2016

Wardrobe Architect... The Plan

So I have reviewed how my winter sewing has gone, I've assessed what items and colours I need for spring/summer, so what plans do I have on my sewing list?

I shall mostly be focussing on separates, especially as I seem to very lacking in blouses and t shirts for work and for play! I have actually already begun working on this and am neck deep in a pile of Renfrews which I have yet to photograph.

On top of these I have a Burda 6914 blouse on my list, to make with a linen textured crepe, and to include sleeves from the dress version.


And in a similar shape I have Butterick 6183, using a grey textured crepe . I'm thinking of using the stripes in the fabric to create a yoke contrast effect.


I will also be making another New Look 6483, probably in black, a bit boring but I don't have many black blouses. To keep things interesting and give myself a challenge I have a pair of trousers on my list.. I know... Trousers! I've never made a pair before, never even made pyjama bottoms. I love the shape of cigarette trousers though (bare ankles and loafers... Love!), and these have a side zip which makes them on the easier side of things. I see many muslins in my future.


And finally, to inject a bit of life into the proceedings, I will be making myself a skirt. I found this beautiful Korean cotton online a while ago and think it would make a beautiful Delphine skirt. Just for fun.


So this list doesn't look as exciting as it perhaps could be, but all of these items are things I know I will wear the hell out of. And I also know I'm going to end up adding bits in here and there depending on what catches my eye (I can never resist a beautiful fabric!!).

Now... To use the same principles to plan some spring knitting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment