Friday 26 August 2016

The cutest little top in the world!!

I decided to be a bit daring with this blouse, well daring for me anyway. I spotted a lovely blouse a while back while browsing what people had done with the Scout T-Shirt pattern (from Grainline). On this particular version the blogger had added lovely dramatic sleeves. I'm very sorry that I can't refer you back to the original as I have completely forgotten whose blog I spotted it on, but it lingered in my mind. So after thinking about it for a good couple of months I decided to bite the bullet and make my own (slightly less dramatic) version.



As I don't have the Scout pattern I used New Look 6483 again


I extended the sleeves on version a. and then created that cute little cuff by cutting a rectangle wider than the end of the sleeve...


Then gathering it to fit the end of the sleeve... It's a really easy tweak which I think is really effective...


And if those sleeves aren't cute enough can we take a moment to look at the fabric! This was an amazing eBay find, it's a Korean cotton with adorable little bicycles and swings on it!!


Then when it turned up it had the name of the pattern and the designers name on the selvidge. I absolutely love it! It seemed perfect for this top... Although being cotton it does what cotton will do, it creases when worn...


Yep... Crinkle'r'us. But really, with bikes, swings, dinky little trees, and flared sleeves, is this not the cutest top you've ever seen? No? Well it's certainly the cutest I've ever made.





No comments:

Post a Comment