Tuesday 9 February 2016

Work in progress

Today has been a mixed day, after traipsing around town to hand documents in and then building myself up for a dentists appointment which turned out to be on a completely different day, I'm not feeling as relaxed as I could be on my day off. On the flip side of all this, today has also been the day of the great jersey wash of 2016!


What am I going on about? I imagine you must be asking. Well, since New Year I have been gradually collecting various different weights, patterns, and colours of jersey fabric. I also bought a couple of new patterns so that I can build up my basic wardrobe (a la wardrobe architect).


Meet the Fraser sweater and the Renfrew t shirt, both from Sewaholic. With a couple of each of these I plan to own Me Made May this year! The plans here are that I intend to use the heavier jerseys for some nice sweatshirts...


Like the quilted red and the Ponte Roma just behind it. The lighter jerseys I plan to make into some t shirts...


And apparently my winter colour palate of grey with colour splashes has heavily influenced my shopping choices (you can't really see it but the one at the back has bright splashes of green and red on a navy background).

So today they were all bundled into my washing machine and are now sitting happily on the clothes horse drying out for the weekend ready to be used.
In the meantime I am curled up watching DVDs and continuing work on my Andi Satterlund Cropped Sweater.


And my word is this the most ripped back jumper I have ever made! I wanted to make the body longer, to start the second colour at my hips before continuing to the ribbing, so I started one sleeve (which I also want wrist length) to check I would have enough wool for it all. Well sleeve version 1 was just far too tight... Rrrriped! So I picked up more stitches and didn't start decreases until I got to the elbow... This one fitted as per the pattern, so I continued to the wrist cuff (using up near exactly 1 ball). This resulted in my very first bit of stranded colour work...


Not too shabby!!

But after trying on the full sleeve and half body I decided that I really wanted a looser sleeve... Rrrrriped!! 

So for now I am finishing up the body, and I've nearly finished the ribbing again so I'm nearly back to sleeve version 3.


I think I'm getting the hang of this stranded colour business. I really love this merino wool too, it's really soft and easy to work with. I'm using this again... Just a few times.


So today hasn't been all that bad.








No comments:

Post a Comment